We know what you’re thinking. Cabbage? Salsa? Yeah, but it works. The crunch and the color go perfectly with more traditional salsa ingredients to make for a side that’s perfect with your favorite Mexican dishes.
Note: Taste test throughout to keep the sour and salty in balance. This is exceptional the second day or after several hours of marinating in the refrigerator.
No real set in stone measuring here. Make for 2 or 10.
- ½ head purple cabbage thinly sliced (thank you Auntie Becky for this lovely addition to my previous salsa recipe)
- 2 or 3 carrots grated coarsely
- 2 or 3 green onions sliced
- 1 or 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 tomatoes chopped
- Handful chopped cilantro
- Juice of 2 or 3 small limes (start with 2 and adjust)
- 1 (or more) diced jalapenos depending on heat
- Garlic salt to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
Toss all ingredients together and serve