This “over the top” grilled cheese sandwich is ready in less than 15 minutes!
- Butter (a pat)
- Olive Oil (a tablespoon or so)
- Sourdough Bread
- Horseradish Mustard (Dijon or spicy mustard works great too!)
- Fontina Cheese (use whatever cheese you’d like, but these really compliment the other flavors!)
- Mediterranean Jack Cheese
- Fresh Sliced Tomatoes
- Dried Basil
- Fresh Basil
- Roasted Red Pepper (grill your own or use right out of the jar)
Heat olive oil and butter in pan over low to medium heat while constructing sandwich
Spread horseradish mustard on two pieces of bread, add a few slices of Fontina cheese. Tomato slices, chopped fresh basil (sprinkle a little dried basil for a little extra kick!), spinach leaves, roasted red pepper, Mediterranean cheese slices and top with second piece of bread. Place sandwich in pan, (top with heavy pan or plate to add pressure while cooking) Turn when golden brown and repeat until cheese is melted. Cut in half and serve piping hot! ENJOY!!!